We’re happy to be teaming up with Creative Hub again this year to offer our members an exclusive 10% discount for their upcoming “Breakthrough in Music” conference in association with Media Match Magazine.
Breakthrough in Music
The Creative Industry Hub has always carefully created events and services designed to help creative industry professionals develop and improve their skills, careers and so much more. Founded by George Taylor who already has great experience in organising large creative events, having previously organised ‘Strictly Go Networking’ earlier in the year (you can read what it was about here), London’s number one chain of creative networking events is back with “Breakthrough in Music”.
The conference is the UK’s first and only event around specifically supporting the musicians of our generation. Sponsored by Red Green and Black, Read-Audio and the ISM who will also exhibit on the day, the event will aim to teach musicians on how the industry really operates. It will tackle it all from how to build a career all the way to tips on becoming a successful musician.
The event will be taking place at Interchange (Atrium) Camden on Monday 17th October 2016, which is located in Stables Market.
EXCLUSIVE DISCOUNT FOR MG USERS
The good news is that Music Gateway members can get a discount simply by Registering Here.
Type “MusicGateway” into the promotional code section when registering to receive an awesome rate.
And just in case you're thinking 'why should I come to this? What's different?' How about this…
Breakthrough in Music aka BTIM2016 will educate musicians in great detail on every subject they need to know. Carefully selected a wide range of speakers who are experts in their individual fields to talk about artist management, A&R, labels, legal, PR, and more.
Jonathan Fox, aka ‘Itch’ (Lead Singer of ‘The King Blues’): ‘A Day In the Life of An Established Artist’
‘YouTube in Music’
- (Featuring Esmée Denters (YouTube Star/Musician) and Kieran Lemon (Lead Singer of Room 94/YouTube Star/Musician)
- Julie Weir (Founder of Visible Noise/Head of Music for Nations – Sony Music): ‘Record Labels in 2016. Major, Independent or DIY?’
- Matt Parsons (CEO at Ditto Music): ‘Building Your Music Brand Through Marketing, Social Media, Promotion and PR’
- Simon Anderson (Director of Publishing at Audio Network): ‘The Usage Model. Capitalising From Your Work Through Sync/Publishing’
- Claire Gevaux (Creative Director at Help Musicians UK): ‘Finance, Funding and Crowd Funding. How To Secure The Cash You Need’
- Dorothea Thompson (Lawyer at Bray and Krais): ‘Musicians, Contracts And Legal. What To Look Out For And How To Be Prepared’
- Phyllis Belezos (Booking Agent at International Talent Booking (ITB): ‘Booking Agents. How To Find Them. Why Use Them?’
- Matthew Greer (ATC): ‘Artist Management. Who, What, Where, When, How and… Why?’
- Mark Walker (Promoter at Kilimanjaro Live Ltd (Myticket.co.uk): ‘Getting Gigs, Tours, Festival Appearances and Support Slots’
- Nina Condron (Head of Business Development at Horus Music): ‘Distributing Your Music In Physical And Digital Formats’
- Travis Beckford (A&R Manager at Sony Music): ‘How To Approach A&R Professionals in 2016 and Beyond’
- Matt Williams (Community Director at Media Match Magazine/UK Music Match): Subject TBC
NOTE: As this is a high-demand event with a limited amount of tickets on a first come, first serve basis, we highly recommend you get your ticket now. Don’t miss out.
We hope to see you there, if you’re looking for other musicians to collaborate with simply create a project and start filling up the missing pieces in your project. Better sign up and browse the countless opportunities we have coming into the site daily.